Friday, June 21, 2013

Gallery Idol {the cards I didn't share}

Thank you!!! Thank you to everyone who voted for me in Gallery Idol!!! I never thought, in a  million years, that I would have the opportunity to compete in a competition like this. To make the Top 20 was shocking and overwhelming and then to make Top 10...well, that was the icing on the cake!!!


I had a blast, spending time each weekend, thinking up ideas for my next project!!! And the comments of support and the emails I received were lovely and heart warming. What a sweet group of crafting friends I have!!!

I wanted to share my cards that did NOT make the cut for the three rounds I played...

Round 2: Father's Day

This was the card I was going to use, but right after I photographed it, I dropped an ink pad into it. So even though, I had the photo, if I did happen to make it through and my card was to be submitted for publishing...it would not work...with ink all over it. Yes, I nearly wept when that happened as it took a long time to conceive and create this card!!! LOL!

Round 3: Background Stamping


I created two other cards for this challenge. I wanted to cover my background stamping with vellum but in the end, I decided to create a bold card!! Using no vellum. Man, I found this particular challenge very difficult!!

Round 4: 10 Embellishments

This was going to be my more clean and simple card for the 10 embellishment card. I decided to create a fancier version of this...to really stretch myself! LOL!!! I was so pleased with what I created as it was out of my comfort zone. Not something I would usually create at all!!! But that was the fun of this challenge, getting me outside of MY box!! It was awesome and so much fun to challenge myself in that way!!

Thank you to everyone who voted for me!!! And a special thank you to Nicole Rixon of Sweet Stamps, for the shout out on the Sweet Stamps FACEBOOK page!!! That meant so much to me!!!

17 comments:

  1. They are all fabulous and I thought yours for the embellishments was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock these challenges, Lesley! I am so glad that we got to be in the Gallery Idol! You have a beautiful style all of your own! It's been so fun to know you and I will continue to follow you! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards, Lesley! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well pffffft on them! I LOVED your last card and voted for you. Figured you were a shoe in!! Congrats on Top 10 :) Great work on these three as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be able to create beautiful cards like these while being under the stress of contest pressure is something special indeed! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to see your adventure end here, but it must be an amazing feeling to have come this far and to produce such awesome cards under pressure! Thanks for sharing your 'trial' cards. It's always nice to see a glimpse of the creative process that leads to the end results. Really love your rose card with the butterfly. I like it even better than the yellow roses that you submitted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for making it to the top ten!! all your cards were fab girl :)
    love these cards also :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley, your cards are just lovely. I am especially fond of vellum. I like the dreamy effect it gives to projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous designs Lesley! Be proud girl! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, we should be thanking YOU, not you thanking us! Each and every one of them have been so wonderful and these are no exception. SO lovely! So proud of you!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley, So deserving! So excited for you!!!! Your cards are sensational!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your wonderful "also-rans," Lesley, and your journey through the process. I really felt your pain on the card you dropped the ink pad on, argh!! Congrats on the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HUGE CONGRATS on making the TOP 5 Lesley!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on making the top five. I'm not surprised. This card is stupendous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Leslie for sharing your beautiful cards with us! I always enjoy coming to your blog and taking a peek at your lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are ALL beautiful, Miss Lesley! I can easily see why you have gone so far in this competition!! YOU ROCK :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous creations, m'dear! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)