Saturday, January 12, 2013

Deconstructed Sketch #83, Paper Smooches GD Search & Simon Says {You're an All Star}

Happy Saturday!! I have been crafting up a storm with my new goodies and I am not ashamed to say I spent the day in my jammies! Ah bliss! I went to check out a new to me challenge that I found a couple of weeks before Christmas. It is called the "Deconstructed Sketch" and this week's sketch got my mind racing! Literally! 

Deconstructed Sketch No. 83

2013 Deconstructed Sketch DT Call

I bought the Paper Smooches set called "My Guy"! So cute and lots of fun to colour! I inked up the race car from the set and went to work! Flipping the sketch on it's side, I used the two half circle elements on the sketch for my sentiment...those half circles are what got my mind thinking "cars". They looked like wheel wells to me! Jen is also looking for some new Design Team members! How exciting! I am going for it!


I am also entering this into the current  Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search using the "My Guy" stamp set and the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge to use Black and White with a Splash of colour! I knew that card needed to be RED and I used Kraft as a neutral.

 We'd LOVE for your to display our blog button on your blog.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable take on the sketch, Lesley! I love the sentiment in the two half circles. SO cute! Good luck!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Lesley. Don't tell anyone but I am always in my jammies if I am at home and not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you flipped the sketch, Lesley. The little car is cute too - great little boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute car! It's so bright and sporty! Good luck on the design team search.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic take on the challenges, Lesley! I love how your image and sentiment pops against the perfect patterned bp!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! How cute, is this?! Love those stamps!!! Good luck with the DT gig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! How fun! I love your wonderful CAS card! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Great job with the sketch, and I love the chevron paper with this, it goes perfectly.. reminds me of tire tread! :) Thanks for participating in our "Black & White + Splash of Color" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)