Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Colour Dare #101-Certainly So Marina and CPS Sketch

Due to blogging issues last week, this challenge never went live on the CD blog, so we are reposting it this week. 

This week at the Colour Dare, Riley has a really pretty colour combo of;

Marina Mist
Certainly Celery
So Saffron

I immediately thought of making a baby card but then I decided to make a card using the current CPS Sketch Challenge.  The sketch is awesome and one that would provide so many cool card creations!  I decided that little circle should be the biggest flower from the new "Flower Fest" stamp set that is available in the current Summer Mini Catalogue!



I dug up some retired SO Saffron DSP and a small piece of Pear Pizzazz which I subbed in for Celery.  The main flower was stamped three times on Whisper White CS and then I punched out the first flower with the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and cut out the other two layers by hand!  Vicki Burdick made THIS card and she lightly coloured part of the flower, and I love the look, so I tried that here with my Bashful Blue SU! marker.  A few pearls and a punched out sentiment was all I needed to complete the card! What a fun colour combo and what a terrifc sketch!!!


We hope that you will join the Colour Dare this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!
Thanks for stopping by!!!

Smiles,
Lesley

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lesley! Your cards are always so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great - clean and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, Ha...I also thought of baby card with this combo and ended up creating one. I love this card. It just shows how different people view stamp sets. I'm not sold on this flower in the mini - but wow - I love your different layers, it perks it up beautifully. Plus, with my love of dimensionals......it would give me more reason to use them.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! And you're right, that is a great sketch. It really shows off those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clean and modern look of this card. Great way to use the color challenge and that large flower - such a neat looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the layered flower! Great take on the sketch. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! My favorite part is how you cut out and popped up all of the layers of the flower! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layered flower! Such fresh, clean card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lesley. Just thought I'd let you know that I think there are still some issues, because the challenge is still not live on the Color Dare blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)