Sunday, October 11, 2009

Colour Throwdown #63-Is Less Really More?

Those gals at the Colour Throwdown have got me thinking this week with this awesome colour combo!! I have already made a card for their challenge but I love these earthy colours and thought they would be so perfect for a Thank You card to my mommy. She is cooking and hosting Turkey dinner tomorrow night. So I made two cards, one with the scallop edge punch and one with the other decorative edge punch by SU!! The card is made not of Kraft paper (I am all out) but I am close with Sahara Sand. The main panel image is a stamp made by The Stamp of the Month. I coloured it with my Copics YG93 and YR21. The sentiment is from SU! Short and Sweet set. It was inked in Memento Cocoa Brown. The card measures 4x6. I took a 12x12 piece of sahara cardstock and cut it every 4". That gave me 3 card faces. I then put the 4"x12" piece in my Scor Pal and scored it at 6". Then the yellow piece was cut at 3"x4". The white piece was cut at 2"x4". I had to leave a whole inch between the yellow and white piece to make sure the edge punches could do their job!! They cut away about 1/4 of an inch on each side. Then my white piece could be nicely nested by the yellow piece.
This card is a simple layout and card. Normally I am all about layers but I kinda like the simplicity of this card. I need to see what else I can do with this layout. My camera does not show off the pretty clean lines of this card...the white really pops!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone..
Lesley :)

6 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Simple and elegant! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card - I am sure your Mommey will love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is really pretty! Your stamp is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be so pretty to make a lot of and give as a gift set with differnt sentiments! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of these!! I do miss visiting your blog - I will be sure I make it over here more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)